Saturday, February 5, 2011

In Which Our Author Reviews His Favorite Movie/Book/TV Show/Music

Next webllawg topic is a media review, another thing I don't normally do. But I'm gonna go for it. Trying new things is so exciting! I didn't know when I woke up today that I would be blogging a review of something. I am truly maturing as a human being.

I don't really have a favorite movie, since I like a lot of movies a lot. I have a couple of favorite books, but I don't want to talk about them, so I won't. My favorite TV shows are "Glee" and "Avatar: The Last Airbender." My review of "Avatar" is that it is excellent and the best cartoon series ever, and I can really only be friends with people who appreciate that fact. My review of "Glee" is that it is fun but also really terrible.

Favorite music, though, could make for an interesting post. Normally I don't talk about my favorite music, because I'm really self-conscious about my musical tastes. But I'm growing up today, right? So I will talk about some of my favorite Broadway musicals. Actually, since I wasted my time dickin' around on Facebook, I will just list some of my favorite Broadway musicals. My dad is a big fan of musicals and has shared his passion with the rest of the family. My best friend Liz has come from a similar family and has shared some of her favorite musicals with me.

So, in no particular order:

Man of La Mancha - a musical adaptation of Cervantes's Don Quixote. It's about pursuing your dreams and being a good person in spite of the pressures of the world around you.

West Side Story - a musical adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. The Juliet doesn't die. Loves conquers all? Not my favorite message or anything. It's just a really good show.

Assassins - a really cool show about presidential assassins. The theme is about how the failure of the American Dream drives us crazy. It sounds really weird. It is really good.

Oh no, time is almost out. Here we go. Alphabetical order time.

Avenue Q, Chicago, Chorus Line, Company, Fiddler on the Roof, In the Heights, Into the Woods, Little Shop of Horrors, Next to Normal, Passing Strange, Spring Awakening, Sweeney Todd, Urinetown, and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment