Saturday, February 5, 2011

In Which Our Author CHRISTMAS

So the prompt just said "Christmas." So I will write a little about Christmas. I love Christmas. My family has always been on the nonpracticing side of religious, and for myself, I find that the complications associated with faith outweigh the gains. That may be a controversial statement, but I am going to leave it unexplained, because it is tangential to the purpose of this blog, namely Christmas. Christmas, man! I friggin' love Christmas! And it's not about getting presents or playing in the snow or Rudolph or any of that bee ess. I hate all that secular crap. It's about the hope and the love and, yes, the faith. The faith that the world can be better. For a few weeks everyone is caught up in the idea that Man can conquer his imperfections, nations united, and move together into a future of peace. That's great. I love that. Christmas. Dude.

1 comment:

  1. "The faith that the world can be better." You got it! Very well said.

    ReplyDelete