Sunday, September 4, 2011

In Which Our Author Ponders the Nature of Identity

Aw man, this is actually a pretty cool topic. You know what would make it even better? If I wasn't half goddamn asleep. EXHALE HEAVILY. But I guess here I go. Identity...


Identity...
Identity...

What is it? Well, it is certainly a topic upon which I have blogged extensively. But what is it's nature? What does it mean to have an identity? I guess it's something about a thing which is preserved over time. An identity is something that a thing reliably has. But that's not always true, is it? Identities change over time, and sometimes in moments. For example, my blog used to have an identity associated with quality. Now? Not so much.  Now it's more like "Things: Crazy? Conclusively yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment