Sunday, February 1, 2009

In Which Our Author Justifies His Blogge

I spent a lot of time trying to decide whether the title should be in French or English. In the end, I decided on English, since French sounds kind of pretentious, and I walk a fine enough line between interesting and pretentious in my daily life. It's a French term, though, "esprit d'escalier," and it refers to the perfect response you only think of after you're standing on the steps outside. It's a fitting title, because I have as much social grace as a flight of stairs.

Why a blog? I don't know. I wanted an excuse to talk about myself, I guess, and blogs are still (barely) acceptably out of the mainstream. Also, I read Mike's, Tim's, Tom's, and Shauvon's excellent blogs and thought I'd have a go. So I don't know how long this will last or what it's going to consist of, but it starts now.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading all the words in your blog. I lolled.

    Also, you're a beautiful human being, Joe Flores.

    ReplyDelete